Atlanta, GA (October 14, 2021) – It has been 4 years since the OTM Community has received an On-Premise update for Oracle Transportation Management. Oracle will be releasing OTM 6.5.1 before the end of 2021 with the commitment moving forward to provide an annual update.
In preparation, you will need to ensure you have Linux installed on the Application Server as this is now a pre-requisite for all future versions. The following is a list that will be included in each annual release. It is important to note that on-premise customers will not receive the same functionality that is released to OTM Cloud.
Here’s what is included:
- Support for the latest stable technology stack
- Security patches
- All on-premise customers reported patches
- Cloud fixes that Oracle Development sees as relevant
- A small amount of non-invasive, safe enhancements for on-premise
KSAP has been assisting customers with upgrades since OTM’s earliest versions. It’s important to begin planning & budgeting for this project as Oracle is only planning to provide patch support for 6.4.3 until Q4 2022. Here are some things to consider as you plan:
- Confirm your hardware is up to date with all related operation systems, security, and recommended patches
- Many resources will be involved in the upgrade from Systems Administrator, Database Administrator, Network Administrators, Integration Developers, Super Users, and Project Management
- Plan your time accordingly as it’s recommended to run through the upgrade at least twice before going live in production
- Review patch notes so you can focus extra time to test areas of the product that have changed
Let KSAP help you plan your Upgrade project.
About KSAP Technologies, Inc.
KSAP Technologies is a leading global provider of solutions and services for the Oracle Transportation Management community. KSAP has been providing services to new and old OTM users alike for over 20 years innovative global logistics solutions for the OTM implementation space. KSAP was the first OTM Cloud-Certified Oracle partner in both North America and Latin America. KSAP has a presence in North America, Latin America, Europe, and Asia with over 100 successful OTM implementations and migrations for customers such as CarMax, AT&T, GE Power, and Penske Logistics. For more information, please visit https://otmnow.com/.